Translate

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Water pad

The Tony Houseman State Park and Blue Elbow Swamp greet you as you come into Texas on the Interstate 10 from Lousiana. It's unfortunate, that without a boat, you can see much of the beauty. Even the boundaries of the park and wildlife management area are not marked off.

But with a good guide, the park opens its soul to you, as you see in this shot. Canals lead you to old logging sites and drilling areas. How about Swamp and River tours in Orange. I totally enjoyed my time with them --

-- steve buser

2 comments:

Lynette said...

When my husband and I moved with our two sons from Mississippi to Houston, we made that drive. Then after he died two and half years later, I took the same road back home to Mississippi so that my sons could grow up near my parents and brother. Neither time did I realize how close I was to such beauty. Thanks, Steve.

Ashley said...

Such an amazing shot. I love the color!
Check out my Travel Blog!