Translate

Friday, November 30, 2007

Needle in the night

Night piercing amour
The Seattle Space Needle in the night is a beautiful site. It pushed the limits of my camera to get this pix though. We were staying a few miles away and it was a landmark for getting around. I tried shooting it a few nights while we were there. The Needle was the tallest building west of the Mississippi when it was built. And, since you asked, No, I did not get up the courage to go up it.

Click on their web site above, they have a neat web cam that you can spin around and view the whole of Seattle.

--steve buser

5 comments:

Jerry in Tampa said...

AWESOME night Image Steve! Love your photos on both sites!!Come to Tampa and see us some time! Until then, we can see New Orleans through you!

Jerry in Tampa

Jerry in Tampa said...

Steve - SEATTLE TOO!!!

Jerry in Tampa

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

i'm gonna be there in a month's time!!! :)

great shot, Steve

Lynette said...

Steve, what a wonderful photo. I recognized it right away, having spent a few days in Seattle about six years ago, before going on a cruise-tour of parts of Alaska.

Believe it or not, I got the courage to go up there--it was a splendid, sunny day. What a treat. I stayed up there for an hour. The walkway is quite wide which makes it less scary to be there. I did wonder if I could feel it sway, but surely that was my imagination.

Andree said...

I have never seen such a beautiful shot of this. It's fantastic.