Translate

Monday, October 13, 2008

Stare-down -- Great Egret and Comorant

 
A Great Egret and a Comorant seem to be having a stare-down on the small lake at the Louisiana Oil and Gas Park in Jennings, Louisiana. The Egret flew off when he noticed me. A few minutes later the Comorant's partner swam up to it as if to plead with it to make a quick escape, also.


The I-10 park, which is midway between Baton Rouge and Lake Charles, is a great place to pull over for a break and a little scenery


--steve buser

2 comments:

gina said...

i love this!! thanks for stopping by and commenting on my sunrise. :)

Vivian aka Deborah said...

I've seen a lot of pictures of all kinds of birds, but this one gets the prize ( in my book ). It is unique with the posts in the water and the two birds standing on them, staring each other down. Of course...the mirror image adds to this superb picture.